Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

 

 

Tactics: Painting

Blending in with terrain 


Remember when you forget about that one important squad that has to take out that tank or capture that objective?

I know I have.

This can be due to your units painting scheme. But there is a way to turn your blended in unit to your advantage. As you can notice your unit, your opponent does not. having specifically painted units may not make your opponent notice immediately. and this is where you turn everything to your advantage.

As you leave that unit alone for a few turns, you can use it when necessary to get what you need.
For example: When I use my Tyranid Genestealers to infiltrate, I picked a place to be less conspicuous to my opponents Space Marines. My opponent forget where I put them, so when it came to the 4th turn I released the Genestealers right behind most of the weaker units pushing them together.

Now sometimes this ain't the case as the terrain might be completely different color. as such a red color like  wazdaka red painted all over a figure might not be the right idea for camouflage. If that what you have then putting the unit like that in a terrain that has a mild red in or around it might be the right idea.

More tactics tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment